Flea Treatment Preparation List
Flea control takes teamwork. Here is a checklist of things you can do to help us in treating your home for fleas.
Please follow these helpful hints and the success of our treatment will have a happy result.
Your home will need to be ready for us to treat before the appointment. If for some reason you are unable to prepare before your appointment please call us to reschedule for a more convenient time.
- Clear all carpeted and floor areas of boxes, clothing, toys, and any other items that will prevent treatment. (Please remember this includes closets too.)
- Wash and remove all pet bedding. If bedding material is discarded place it in a trash bag and remove to an outside trash container
- Vacuum all carpeting and around the edge of all hard wood or tile floors.
- Pay special attention to vacuum where your pets sleep (under furniture, etc.)
- Empty the vacuum cleaner into the trash bag and remove it from your home.
- Your pets will need to be removed prior to treatment and not returned for at least 4 hours during and after treatment.
- Cover over all food and fish tanks.
- Please have your pets treated the same day that we treat your home.
- You and your pets will need to be out of your home for 4 hours after treatment. It is necessary for you to remain out of treated area until all surfaces have dried. Ventilate your home after returning.
- Outside your home may need to be treated also.
- Please remove all toys both children’s and pet toys)
- Do not clean carpet or floors for at least two weeks. You may vacuum only.
- Vacuum daily for a minimum of 7 days.
- Follow up treatments may be needed.
- Repeat the above preparations the day before follow up treatments.
- Follow up treatments should be scheduled 14-21 days after initial treatment.
How can we help?
- If you have additional questions please feel free to give us a call.